Facelift near Fort Lauderdale, FL
Men and women in Fort Lauderdale and Broward County have many anti-aging options that will soften lines and wrinkles. In some cases, though, surgery is necessary to address more advanced signs of aging that cannot be treated with injectables and skin rejuvenation alone. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. David J. Levens tailors facelift surgery to the individual cosmetic needs of each patient so that men and women in Fort Lauderdale and Broward County feel more confident about their facial appearance.
What is a Facelift?
Facelift surgery can dramatically improve the appearance of the face and neck when one or more of these conditions are present: Loose, sagging tissues of the mid-face, deep folds of loose skin at the sides of the nose and mouth, jowls or loss of definition of the jaw line, and excess fat or loose skin causing loss of definition and “hanging” of the tissues in the neck area.
During your complimentary consultation, Dr. Levens will discuss your particular areas of concern and show you how much correction you can expect to see in each area. A facelift is sometimes combined with procedures for simultaneous correction of such areas as forehead, eyelid or chin, to produce a balanced, more youthful appearance for the entire face.
How Much Does a Facelift Cost?
The cost of Facelift starts at $9,000.00. However, prices may vary due to specials and/or the facility used. An individual treatment plan will be developed during your consultation with Dr. Levens. After the appointment, we provide you with a total cost and explain our payment options, including cash, personal check, Visa®, MasterCard® and American Express®. If you are interested in financing your facelift, our patient coordinators will explain how to apply for CareCredit®, Alphaeon Credit, or Prosper® Healthcare Lending.
Benefits of a Facelift
As an experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. Levens chooses a technique that will provide you with optimum results while maintaining a natural and attractive appearance. For your facelift, he may choose a:
- Full facelift to correct the cheek areas, mouth, chin, and jawline.
- Mid facelift to target signs of aging in the cheek area and around the eyes.
- Mini facelift for the chin, jawline, and lower cheek area.
- Neck lift for the neck only.
How long does Facelift Surgery last?
It is often said that a facelift does not stop the clock. It simply “resets” it. Many factors influence how long the initial post-surgery results will remain satisfactory. The inherent characteristics of your tissues and factors such as cigarette smoking and sun exposure play major roles. Within a few months of facelift surgery, there will be a slight loosening, but your tissue may never revert to its pre-surgery position. However, many patients do request a less extensive tightening procedure 7 to 10 years after initial surgery to maintain a desirable, fresh appearance.
Good Candidates for Facelift Surgery
Healthy men and women who feel the skin and muscle of the face and/or neck areas have loosened to create an undesirable, aging appearance are good candidates for this procedure. While the average age of facelifts performed annually is about 60, many individuals opt for the surgery as early as the mid-40s or later, in their 70s. Dr. Levens will carefully examine specific characteristics of your skin, including its elasticity, and then advise you on the outcome you can expect.
Facelift Before and After Photos in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Click Here to View More Before and After Photos
What Happens During Facelift Surgery?
In order to reposition facial tissues, the skin and deeper tissues of the face are first very carefully shifted. The deeper tissues lifted in a generally upward direction then the skin repositioned mostly backward and slightly upward to create a harmonious natural appearance.
In the neck area, malposition of neck muscles is corrected to provide better support and ideal contour. In both face and neck areas, excess or malpositioned fatty tissue is removed or sculpted using liposuction or direct removal. After re-draping the skin and soft tissues, excess tissue is removed, and the incisions are very carefully closed.
Incisions are carefully concealed within the hair in the area of the temples, in skin creases in front of and behind the ear, and in the hair behind the ears. Dr. Levens will discuss specific incision locations with you during your consultation.
Special Considerations for Facelift Patients
- Limitations of facelift surgery: Certain tissue characteristics present special challenges which can impact the level of success which can be achieved by a facelift procedure. These include thick, heavy, oily skin, sun damaged skin, excessive fatty tissue, and changes in the tissue resulting from previous surgical procedures. Dr. Levens will discuss any specific limitations with you at the time of your initial consultation. In most cases, there are techniques he can use to compensate for special tissue challenges.
- Do not smoke: Smoking is a significant risk factor for facelift surgery. Nicotine and carbon monoxide cause constriction of the blood vessels that supply the skin, which reduces blood flow and increases the risk of skin loss. If you are a smoker, Dr. Levens will require that you stop smoking and completely avoid exposure to smoke for a minimum of four weeks prior to surgery, and at least four weeks following the procedure.
- Hypertension: Patients with hypertension (high blood pressure), must have that condition under control prior to surgery to reduce the risk of bleeding. Dr. Levens will coordinate this with your internist or family physician.
- Risks: There is a very small risk of impairing nerves that control facial movement during facelift surgery, depending on the extent of procedure necessary to achieve desired results. Dr. Levens will discuss this in more detail with you during your consultation. You will likely have areas of numbness that can last for weeks or months. Risks common to all plastic surgical procedures such as bleeding, infection, and scar tissue formation occur in a very small percentage of cases. We will give you more detailed information about these and other rare risks in our written information, and encourage you to discuss any that concern you during your consultation.
- Scarring: Your incisions will be carefully closed with sutures to hopefully produce only very fine line scars. Most patients have scars that are undetectable when covered with makeup. The quality of the scars depends on each individual’s healing characteristics.
After Your Facelift
As with all procedures, Dr. Levens prefers that you have an adult observe and supervise you at least for the first night after a facelift. Mostly you will be resting. The goal is for you to remain quiet with your head elevated and someone to attend to your needs. This atmosphere will promote the least possible swelling and bruising and the fastest recovery.
Recovery is generally quite rapid though actual recovery time varies from person to person. You will feel some tightness in the neck area immediately after your facelift. This early tightness is necessary to produce the best possible results long-term. Most of the tight feeling fades entirely during the first several weeks after surgery.
The typical schedule of recovery is:
- Bruising and swelling for 5 to 10 days.
- Return to work and social activities within 10 to 21 days.
- Partake in aerobic or strenuous activities within 14 to 21 days.
Any aerobic activity that increases your pulse over 100 bpm also increases your blood pressure, and could make you bleed if this activity is resumed too soon after surgery.
Dr. Levens works with Contour MD to offer garments for patients to wear after plastic surgery in Coral Springs.
Learn More about Facelifts
Dr. Levens will review every aspect of a facelift with you during your complimentary consultation. Patient Coordinators Diana and Chris will discuss fees, financing plans, and scheduling, and answer any additional questions. There is absolutely no obligation to schedule a procedure. To arrange your consultation, please contact us today.
Dr. Levens has been providing facelifts for patients in Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, and throughout Broward County since 1989.